ON-LINE STUDIES AT POLISH-JAPANESE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. When does the semester start?
The semesters begin on October 1st and March 1st. It is possible to take part in an introductory class-based course before the beginning of the semester. The course is intended to provide students with basic computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Office).
2. Is the diploma obtained upon the completion of on-line studies equal to the regular one?
IT engineer diploma issued by our Institute is the same for all kinds of studies, including those carried on-line.
3. What careers will my studies prepare me for?
Online IT studies at the Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology are built around the same curriculum and requirements as the stationary programs. Graduates of on-line studies will be working on the same positions as graduates of the stationary studies. Our curriculum emphasizes databases and software engineering (positions of IT analyst, designer, programmer, administrator), computer network administration, multimedia, also artificial intelligence with robotics. All these specializations will be available within the framework of Internet-based studies. Special emphasis will be put on design and administration of the Internet systems.
4. Is there a possibility to study abroad, e.g. in Japan?
We have signed co-operation agreements with a number of Japanese and English universities that allow our students to go for up to 12 months long abroad studies with credits transferred for courses taken there. Obviously, students should be fluent in the language of the target country. At our Institute students are being taught English and Japanese languages.
5. Can you apply for the Master of Science degree studies once you graduated from on-line Engineer studies?
At present M.Sc. studies are stationary ones. Once you graduate from on-line Engineer studies you can apply for stationary M.Sc. studies. In the near future, we plan to establish M.Sc. studies on-line.
6. I am currently attending evening classes and I still do not have credit for one of my 1st year course. Can I do this course in the on-line mode?
Yes, there is such a possibility.
7. I live abroad. How often I would have to visit Poland for in-campus sessions? I'd be able to travel to Poland three times a year. Should it be enough to pass exams scheduled for on-line studies?
a) There are two major examination sessions lasting 3 days each, and each of them offers additional re-taking in case you have not passed at the first attempt.
b) Besides, there are two laboratory sessions, 5 days each, connected with examination sessions mentioned above. So it is enough to come to Warsaw three times a year (in September, February and July) to fulfill on-site requirements.
8. Is "The use of computers, software and the Internet" a single session or a long lasting course?
The course "The use of computers, software and the Internet" is taught as a laboratory class and all laboratory classes are conducted in-campus during examination sessions.
9. Are there any additional fees for potential re-taking of examinations?
One re-taking is covered by a regular course fee, but the next should be paid separately.
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO: email@example.com